Lots of good stuff in here, especially the integration of purchasing and estimating via a purchase order system (which I will add also helps make the estimating system self-maintaining).
About The QRTOL Blog
My collection of thoughts and ideas on the state of the Building and Remodeling industry and its future with regard to: Technology, Project Management, CRM, Business Models, Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM), The Theory of Constraints (TOC), Systems Thinking, JIT, TQM, Lean Construction, CPM and the Lead Carpenter System.
- Linking G&A Overhead Costs To The Sum Of Direct Job Costs, Or Gross Sales Volume Which Can Vary So Dramatically, Makes No Mathematical Sense.
- If you have a good system I think, the work takes care of itself…
- Not an April Fool’s Joke…Some Bitter Numbers To Consider
- 360Difference Has Always Been A Single Entry Estimating System And In Fact Has Been That Way Since 1995.
- The Capacity Based Markup Workbook version 2.07