Consultant and educator George Hedley of Hard Hat Presentations cites some numbers that I think are sadly all too true…
If you watch 95 out of 100 general contractors, builders or subcontractors, and follow their progress for 10 to 20 years, you’ll hear the same story over and over:
- They work too hard for their effort and risk.
- They never make big money.
- They never have any money leftover to invest.
- They never get out of debt.
- They can’t stop working because they need the money to live on.
Out of every 100 construction business owners at age 65:
- Only 1 will be independently wealthy.
- 4 will be financially secure.
- 24 will still be working because they have to.
- 31 will be dead.
- 40 will be dead broke and need social security to make ends meet.